Sunday, July 4, 2010

Intro

Hey, guys!

This is my first post (on this blog) and I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Caitlin, I'm 21 and a stay-at-home mommy to Nelson (Nels) Abraham, my 6-month-old rambunctious and totally AWESOME son. I had originally planned to return to work after my maternity leave, even though I loathed my job! I had no idea my son would be a high-risk infant, so when he was born with a ventricular septal defect which in turn led to pulmonary congestion and congestive heart failure, my plans changed exponentially. There is no way my son can be in a daycare because his respiratory system is very weak and also because he could easily choke or stop breathing. He is also on diuretics which make him urinate very frequently so he needs lots of attention.

My husband and I have made many sacrifices to ascertain our little guy is safe and sound and make sure I get to stay home with him. So far, he has never spent more than an hour away from either of us and he's never had a babysitter (other than my 16-year-old sister for about half an hour). These things being said, we have had to adjust our spending and I have become (even more of) a huge spend thrift!

I am all about sharing the wealth, so I made this blog specifically to stay in touch with my friends and family and pass along the awesome deals, albeit coupons, sales, reward points, or anything of the sort.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and don't be shy. I love to hear from everyone, plus it's REALLY creepy to lurk.

No comments:

Post a Comment